Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Saddest Phenomenon Ever

What the fuck? I clicked on a link on another one of CNN's top breaking latest news items - this one a critical breaking piece about what songs CNN.com readers hate.

In the piece there was a reference to a riot in Paris upon performance of Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring." At first I just sort of glossed by this info. But then I thought - WHAT?!?!? You're telling me there was a classical concert, people were offended, and they decided the sane reaction was attacking people and property? That has to be the gayest thing I've ever heard. Then again, it is the fucking French, the most useless people of all time.

So I Wiki'd it. Turns out, this isn't the first French riot over fucking opera. Endlessly steamrolled by Germany, they go apeshit over opera that offends their gay sensibilities.

Repeat: there was a RIOT because they didn't like an OPERA.

However.

There is one blurb in this article that is absolutely brilliant.
"The worst record ever made is Whitney Houston's assault on 'I Will Always Love You,' " writes William W. "The song itself, written by Dolly Parton, is a lovely expression of quiet resignation in the face of romantic loss, a quality captured perfectly by Parton's original recording. Houston's version, on the other hand, is hideous, due to its barely disguised agenda: 'Whitney Uber Alles.' ... La Whitney's performance has nothing to do with tenderness and respect, and everything to do with the naked will to power."
A-FUCKING-MEN.

2 Comments:

Blogger TubaOnFire said...

I know what boys like.
I know what guys want.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home